When you hire a general office cleaning service, you want to ensure you get what you pay for. Here is a Cleaning checklist for the most basic office cleaning tasks.
DAILY OFFICE CLEANING
Your reception area represents your customer’s first impression. Cleaning tasks for the reception area and office spaces include:
- Empty waste receptacles and replace liners. Wash as needed.
- Dust all horizontal surfaces of desks, chairs, tables and other furniture
- Damp wipe all horizontal surfaces with disinfectant
- Remove cobwebs from front entry and immediate surrounding areas
- Remove fingerprints and marks from around light switches and door frames
- Clean automatic glass doors inside and out
- Wipe all internal glass
- Polish all brass and bright work on doors and cabinets
- Spot clean walls and painted surface
- Vacuum all carpets and mats
- Vacuum all hard floors
- Mop all hard floors with disinfectant
- Ensure all areas are clean & arranged neatly
Kitchen/Break Room & Washroom
A clean and sanitized washroom and kitchen is a must in any working environment to ensure safety and reduce the risk of spreading germs.
- Stock toilet tissue, hand towels, facial tissues and hand soap
- Empty waste receptacles and wipe if needed and replace bin liners as required
- Clean and polish mirrors
- Wipe hand towel dispensers/hand dryers
- Wipe down doors and sills – remove all dust and prints
- Clean and sanitize all basins.
- Polish all brass and bright work
- Remove splash marks from walls and partitions around basins
- Remove garbage from all areas
- Spot clean internal glass in doors
- Toilets and urinals to be cleaned, disinfected/sanitized and wiped dry on all sides
- Sweep all hard floors
- Mop clean restroom and kitchen floors with disinfectant
- Dust partitions, tops of mirrors and frames
- Clean all glass inside & outside with squeegee
- Vacuum vents and chairs
- Clean all glass inside & outside with squeegee.
These are just the very basic cleaning procedures for general office cleaning. It is always a good idea to review with your janitorial and office cleaning company the terms of your agreement. Open communication between the customer and the cleaning company will always result in better service so don’t hesitate to ask for a supervisor or a review of your contract. For the best customer service as well as top quality janitorial service in Vancouver, Vancouver Island, the Fraser Valley and the Okanagan, give Master Care Janitorial a call. 24/7 live call answer at 604-525-8221 and free consultation and quotation at your convenience.